2/18/2005

Goofy Accountants !

I have found these following humor statements in the web:

1. A fellow walks into a hospital and sees two doctors down on their hands and knees in one of the flower beds. He goes over and says, "Can I help? Have you lost something? "
"No," says one of the doctors. "We're about to do a heart transplant on an accountant and we're looking for a suitable stone."

2. If an accountant's wife can't get to sleep, what does she say?
"Tell me about work today, dear"

3. An accountant is having a hard time sleeping and goes to see his doctor.
"Doctor, I just can't get to sleep at night."
"Have you tried counting sheep?"
"That's the problem - I make a mistake and then spend three hours trying to find it."

Well I disagree completely with the perception people have about accountants. Being an accountant I can strongly say that although we may engage ourselves in tasks which might seem boring to the mass, but thats one of the most important things every business needs to be done. And when we get hired we are actually tested on our people skills more than our academics as we have direct interaction with e-board of the client more than anyone. And we the public accountants be it in Audit or Tax, rank in the top 5 profession who are also designated party animals. However, we do work our ass off in order to be perfect and error free in every procedure we perform, and that often drags us to work even in weekends, pulling out 60 hr weeks.

So based on that, I somewhat agree on the following:

Accountants aren't boring people. They just get excited over boring things.

How do you know when an accountant's on holidays?
He doesn't wear a tie to work and comes in after 8.30.

Why do accountants get excited on Saturdays?
They can wear casual clothes to work

And this one is just funny:

An Arthur Anderson partner comes back to his office and says to his manager, "Did you get my message where I said, 'Ship the Enron documents to the Feds'?"
The manager goes white. "Oh My God! I thought you said rip the Enron documents to shreds."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice...getting better at it i see....will soon start my own;) ...u r inspiriation unlimited;)

Anonymous said...

anonymous lives in stony brook